Sunday 6 February 2011

The Hooded Man.



I'll be brief: it's finished. The blasted hooded pullover is knitted, sewn but sadly not blocked properly to relax the stitching as Dave wanted to get on and wear it. Who am I too complain? After all, he only waited over a year for it, bless.



And so here it is, in all its wobbly-stitched, uneven entirety and I must say I am rather pleased with it. Admittedly, the photographs have managed to make Davey look far wider than he actually is and I would like to also point out that the colour of the wool is a beautiful flecked denim blue which I love (Sirday Click for those who need to know such things - great to knit with).



Today is cold in Cornwall, a dull day with low light levels, a day to make the mood sink a little. Dave has had some hard weeks at work with much on his plate. He had more to do today as the next phase of his Masters needed completing, one task too many when all you want to do is to relax and enjoy the weekend.



He finished his work just as I finished sewing up. The pullover was hastily pulled over and a smiling Mr Davey emerged from its snuggly depths, the dense weave of the stitches light enough to feel comfortable, yet close enough to bring warmth, a little like a cuddle perhaps.



Much love worked into every stitch, a cuddle given, a beaming smile received in return. Success then.

Happy Sunday x

17 comments:

  1. It looks great. When are you starting his next one!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! He looks very handsome in it. What's next, one for you?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done it looks just great!! All that knitting was worth it in the end! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great and will get more comfy with wear too. I made some socks from Sirdar Click and they're still going strong , on two needles too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome chap and snuggly too! Best combination if you ask me. Well done Pip, he does look pleased with it.

    Must say I love the title of thispost - that Robin of Sherwoood theme music was the sound track of my teenage years. Actually I've never quite got over my addiction to the entire series if I'm honest. Ahhh, Michael Praed and Jason Connery...be still my beating heart!

    Have a lovely week.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who's that handsome geezer? Davey, I will expect you to model it for me when I come over on friday, ok!

    Pip, well done, bet you're glad to have cast off and sewn up! It looks great.

    D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could knit, that looks so good and snuggly on Mr D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to make such a beautiful sweater for your beloved! Good job... nice to meet you, I'm Teresa from Oregon.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crikey it looks amazing and Mr Davey looks as pleased as punch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for seeing it through, looks great! hope you've had a good weekend despite the gloomy weather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its lovely Pip and Davey looks like he's very pleased with it. I never knit anything that big now as it makes my arms ache. What's on your needles now? Karen X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I am still struggling with my socks, not hard, just slow when done by me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's brilliant Pipany - my other half would give his eye teeth for one of these. Mr Davey looks very cosy and happy.

    Sue's comment just gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic Pipany, it looks fabulous and how lovely for Mr Davey to have a jumper full of love and cuddles knowing you knitted every stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well Done, jumper looks great! Dave looks pretty pleased with it!!!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pip,
    I left you a note on ravelry. Hoep this finds you well. I love your blog and the photos.
    Take care,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete