Golly, it's been so long since I've blogged that I couldn't remember how - where do I go, what is my password and why isn't my user name accepted on Purplecoo? I'm hoping that is down to me not remembering the right username rather than having been removed from the hallowed walls! I shall be posting a quick email in a mo to ask for help (no change there then!). I felt the need to stop the sewing, making and locking myself away in my sewing room and get back in touch with all of you, but as I can't seem to get onto the site I thought I would blog instead and I have to say it feels really good to be doing so. The fingers are flying rather slower than they used to over the keyboard, but here I am nonetheless.
The holidays have been a real mixture this year with the worst weather I can remember for a long time; so easy to forget the relentless rain after a week of toes in hot sand and crystal seas for bathing. I think most of us have felt the challenge of entertaining children through weeks of wet weather and even this game-hungry gang began to tire of yet another day of Risk and Mah Jong. They have deserved medals for their patience while I have disappeared for hours at a time to make yet another item or Dave has glued himself to the computer in his quest to set up a website for me - and what a great job he has done despite an increasingly ropey computer which finally went into retirement yesterday to be replaced by one which actually does what it is supposed to do. More blooming expense!
On the upside the holiday has consisted of lots of lovely things too which I shall pop down in a list to avoid an endless ramble from my blog deprived brain!...
1. A short trip to stay in a little house just outside Hay-on-Wye with Dave, Lucy and Isabella for three nights. Such a pretty town and so lovely to hear Lucy's excitement at everything we did. Her squeals as we drove over the Severn Bridge alone made it very special.
2. Isabella going into the sea with Dave and giggling frantically as the water swept over her chubby litlle body. She looked for all the world like a mermaid, so at home is she in the water. In fact, that brings me on to...
3. Isabella swimming the length of the bath completely unaided and then doing it again for good measure!. I have never seen a baby so in love with water before. She truly is a mermaid.
4. As mentioned before, sewing, making and producing - a website, business cards and products. All very exciting and not just a little scary. Will let you know when it is active though it is beginning to feel as though the build up may lead to a total let down!!!! Now Pipany, this is not the time for jitters!
5. Elias and Dave going night fishing off Stack Point ( a huddle of rocks nestling in the sea and reached by a winding, wild footpath along the cliff edge by lantern light). The planning, the packing the picnic, the collecting together of rods and tackle and bait. The whole resulting in a triumphant return at eleven o'clock pm of an eleven year old boy clutching two large pollock caught by his own rod when he has never caught anything bigger than his finger before. How lovely to see his little face just beaming at me, his body almost wriggling with excitement like a puppy given a treat. Wonderful! Oh and Dad was pretty excited too!
6. An overnight trip to Bristol with my beautiful Lauren who leaves to begin her three year stint as a student of Bristol Uni on Monday. We stayed in the house she and three friends are renting in the Clifton area and walked for hours in the gorgeous sunshine as she showed me all the beautiful places. Such an independent girl blossoming into such a capable young woman; a very special time for just the two of us.
7. Games - well, you didn't really think I wouldn't mention them did you! Mah Jong, Risk, cards (Tarot, California Jack, Strip Jack Naked). No campfires as yet which is a real rarity, but plenty of time yet.
8. Isabella taking her first steps at 15 months of age. The whole family cheering her on and so enjoying her clapping herself as she navigated the hallway. So sweet.
Well, I think I had better stop for now. Once again, thank you everyone for all your lovely comments and support. I am just beginning the task of playing catch up so be patient! Lovely to get back to some normality though and of course that means Purplecoo!
Have a great day xx