Thursday, 2 October 2008
Designing for doors!
Sometimes the design process is difficult. Sometimes you have all these ideas whirling through your mind, each one vying with the others, each seeming more exciting than the last and keeping you awake at night with the endless possible combinations of colour and texture, and yet, and yet... Sometimes these ideas just refuse to work and have to be stowed away for another time. This week I had an idea that just worked from the outset. First i wanted to make a door hanging that was perhaps more suited to grown ups than these or these. It needed to be larger and I had a hankering for a wheelbarrow to be included.
The wheelbarrow led me to thinking about all the clippings and twigs sitting in mine since my garden clearance of the weekend, and so this was included too.
From here I decided to add a little stack of precariously balanced flowerpots, a pleasing mix of flowers and gingam to offset the browns of the wheelbarrow waiting close by.
And finally, I worked the accompanying hand embroidered line 'I'm in the garden' just in case anyone was unsure. I am so pleased with this Garden door hanging that I keep moving our one around the house so that I can see it most of the time. I have added it to the website where it is available here.
If only all ideas worked as well as this!
Next up is the almost completed design for people out 'feeding the hens'.
Have a lovely weekend xx