I seem to have been tagged a few times for different things by various people and have completely forgotten to do anything about it. Thought i would clear it in one go and have popped in random and a nit bizzare pictures to break up the drivel!
7 supposedly interesting things about me (may be repeating self here):
1. I have seven sisters and no brothers
2. I once said I would never have children!!!!!!
3. My mum has no stretch marks despite having had 7 children and neither do I despite having had 5 (lucky on the one hand, but where is the proof of having carried these gems - oh that's right, I have a little smile of a Caesarean scar from Isabella's birth)
4. I HATE the cold and also HATE weraing millions of layers as I am not very big and feel like the Michelling Man. makes me positively miserable and grouchy, thus I would rather turn the heating up or throw another log or ten on the fire.
5. If I cannot visit the sea regularly I feel as though I am lost. I am a North Cornish girl really and much as I love living where I do on the South coast with its beautiful rivers and coves, I have to return to the wild, rugged North coast frequently to stand on the cliffs in the buffeting winds and watch the waves crash below. Fortunately in Cornwall it doesn't take any time to go from one coast to another.
6. One of my ideas of heaven is to lie under a cherry tree in full blossom with the smell of bluebells drifting on the breeze and the sound of bees buzzing reaching my ears. Another is to stand at the farthest reach of a tiny outcrop of rocks on Breakwater Beach at Bude on the North coast (where I come from originally) in a raging storm with the sea frothing and boiling on either side of me and the lightening dancing over the horizon - just amazing, but I haven't managed this one for years. Could think of loads more as I have many versions of heaven in my head most of the time.
7. I love physical work, particularly in the garden - Dave is the buffer of leaves and pincher out of seedlings while I am the builder of walls and remover of gigantic shrubs. we work well together!
So, that's that tag done; now for the other which I have sort of forgotten the gist of. I think it was 4 things...
4 films I would watch again:
Great Expectations (David Lean's version)
Room with a View
Some Like it Hot (one of all the children's favourites too)
4 TV shows I watch (don't watch much regularly but these would be there if on)
Hugh's River Cottage series (we have the lot on DVD)
Larkrise to Candleford
Hotel Babylon (yes, I know...)
4 Places I've lived
er...Cornwall, Cornwall and Cornwall!!!!
all in Cornwall!
4 places I've been
Isles of Scilly
Cork in Eire
4 things to eat - good grief only 4? Food is one of my favourite topics so this is hard
stew and dumplings
vegetables of any description roated, steamed, raw, in a sauce...
rich sauces, particularly with alcohol added and liberal additions of butter
seafood - bass, lobster, mussels picked fresh off the beach..
4 things to look forward to
warm weather and the beach, garden, picnics.
time with the family in the summer holidays
time to do some gardening
Right that's it - bored by now I would think!!!
Oh I almost forgot - I am being sent some beautiful lilly bulbs! Jane from snapdragon garden has some going free in her newsletter - if you haven't already read it use the link to pop over; advice on snowdrops and a showcasing of another creative person too. There may even still be some lillies up for grabs!
See you soon xx