Saturday 11 June 2011

Last Weekend's Escape.




We have had a truly dour week in my bit of Cornwall weatherwise with rain which filled the wildlife pond back to overflowing and cold, dark days. Not the best, so I thought I would pop back to last weekend when we escaped on Mermaid for the day in hot, sunshiney weather which suggested summer had arrived - hah!






Lucy had a magazine to hand.






Elias, Davey and I set up our rods for a spot of fishing which, as ever, brought nothing...not even a bite. One day ...






Clear seas revealing golden sands and all kinds of shells.






And then on to the beach where drifts of pretty sea pinks lined the rocks.






Not all the shorelife is particularly pretty as this sea slug demonstrates, but it was fascinating to see so many of them along the shoreline.






Isabella's clothes were hung to dry within about five minutes of arriving, as is the norm.






Isabella was not sure what to make of the slugs






deciding to head off for wildlife of a less slimy disposition.






The boys took Mermaid off for a little pootle around the bay before we headed back after a hot and blissful day on the beach. As I sailed her home she drifted quietly in the evening breeze and we all drifted with her, thoughts calm and voices quiet. True bliss!






Wonder what this weekend will bring x

5 comments:

  1. Dear Pipany,

    What a lovely day at the beach. I hope the good weather will return soon!

    Lieve groet,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I do envy you that sea and sand - and your Swallows and Amazons adventures! Heaven! I am suffering from Cornwall withdrawal symptoms so badly.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a contrast to today's dark, wet weather. I love to share your Cornish adventures and trips around the coast as always.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, refreshing photos, Pipany! I felt as if I was really there! Have a happy week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete